Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stitch Graffiti: A Book Review


I ordered Stitch Graffiti by Heather Holland-Daly last week and it came on Tuesday. I absolutely love it! If you're a fan of monsterbubbles you will love this book, too. There are a couple of patterns from the monsterbubbles site: Truth (which I have been coveting for awhile so this one alone is worth the price of the book for me) and the discontinued Lucky.

There are four sections to the book. An Intro explaining a bit about the basics of cross stitching, as well as how to use different fabrics and threads. Then there are three sections of patterns: Graffiti - patterns featuring quotes and phrases (one of my favorites uses the Emerson quote "earth laughs in flowers"); Tattoos - patterns you can use to embellish clothes, or bags, or whatever else you can think of; Stuff - patterns using screens for bracelets and fly swatters, and there's also a pattern for a banner. There's also an alphabet in the back of the book.

What I love the most about this book is that all the patterns are pretty simple, but they don't look that way. They're all so colorful and fun. And there are great ideas for ways to finish your cross stitch projects, like using colored push pins for a frame.

tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Those charts really are fun. I hope you'll post some pictures when you finish one.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'll definitely post some pictures, Patty!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Hey Wendy, I just found a free chart from Monster Bubbles at Craft Sanity. http://craftsanity.com/project/files/29980a346e6893f2c2a3601eafbd4fbf-39.html.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

yay!! Thanks Patty! :)

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Privacy Policy